Tuesday 12 November 2013

Soundtrack

Did you know that music can be as addictive as drugs? Ok so i'm not completely 100% sure but in my experience music is pretty great. Anywho I thought I would share my top 5 songs this week. I literally replay songs over and over until I get sick of them, and then when I discover them again, the cycle continues. But anyway, here are my favourites..



1. Arabella - Arctic Monkeys. 
I am going to be completely honest…I like the Arctic Monkeys but not to the extent of my friends who love them but Arabella might just be changing that…..

2. Above the Water - Art of Sleeping
After discovering the amazingness (Yes, amazingness, that is a word you know…) that is Triple J, it has been my new car channel. I discovered this song when I was driving around, doing errands (when you graduate and become an 'adult', you have to start doing these errand things). I recently restored my phone so I didn't have Shazam on it. I had to try and decipher the lyrics and google them - just like in the good old days.


3. A-Punk - Vampire Weekend 
I hadn't heard this song in so long so when it popped up on my phones shuffle i couldn't help but smile. I love the carefree and eccentric nature of Vampire Weekends music, it just makes me feel like dancing.  

4. Team - Lorde
So, unlike the rest of the worlds population I haven't been bopping around to Lorde's Royals. But I am a massive fan of her second single Team. My favourite line: "I'm kind of over getting told to thrown my hand up in the air''. You go girl. 



5. We Don't Eat - James Vincent McMorrow 
I love all the songs of James' album, Higher Love, but one of my favourites is definitely We Don't Eat. When I heard this I got goosebumbs and when it ended replayed it. The lyrics are amazing and his voice is reminiscent of Bon Iver - what more could you want?




No comments:

Post a Comment